Venue: Council Chamber, Marmion House, Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7BZ. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services Tel 01827 709264
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors M Bailey, S Goodall and M Greatorex
The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd November 2021 were approved and signed as a correct record after the following clarifications were discussed (marked in yellow) and agreed on application 0069/2020.
Proposed Site Plan 330 P05
Proposed Site Sections 331 P01
Block A 341 P03 Proposed Elevations
Con 3. The ancillary trade counter in Travis Perkins shall occupy no more than 25% of the floor space, including mezzanine, of the unit for retail sales purposes.”
Con 7. No development shall commence (excluding demolition) until details of biodiversity enhancement measures, including x4 bat boxes suitable for crevice-dwelling bats of wood-concrete composition to be installed on the new buildings to the east and west side of the site have been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority. The approved details shall be implemented as approved and retained thereafter.
Con 11. Notwithstanding the details provided No development shall commence (excluding demolition) until a detailed surface and foul water drainage scheme for the site has been submitted to, and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority in consultation with the Lead Local Flood Authority and Severn Trent Water. The scheme shall subsequently be implemented in accordance with the approved details before the development is completed. The scheme to be submitted shall demonstrate:
Con 23. Prior to occupation of the the Travis Perkins Unit, the northern and southern drive throughs, Unit A, Unit B and the garden centre, the associated cycle spaces and cycle lockers, as indicated on submitted Drg. No.15029-330 Rev. P05, shall be installed and retained for the lifetime of the development.
Con 24. Prior to occupation, the accesses to the site, as shown on Drg. No.0330 Rev. P-05 within the limits of the public highway, will be provided.
Con 27. The garden centre as shown on Drawing Number 330 Revision P05 hereby approved shall be occupied solely in connection with, and ancillary to the existing business operating from Unit B and shall not be sold off, sub-let or used as a separate business premises.
Con 28. The open land within the curtilage of the site generally and within the curtilage of individual units as shown on Drawing Number 330 Revision P05 hereby approved shall not be used for the storage, display or sale of anything whatsoever.
(Moved by Councillor J Chesworth and seconded by Councillor S Pritchard)
Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations of Members’ interests (pecuniary and non-pecuniary) in any matters which are to be considered at this meeting.
When Members are declaring a pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest in respect of which they have dispensation, they should specify the nature of such interest. Members should leave the room if they have a pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest in respect of which they do not have a dispensation.
The Chair confirmed that Committee Members had received a dispensation for application 0334/2021 as the land will come under the future ownership of Tamworth Borough Council.
Councillor T Jay declared an interest as a County Councillor and would leave the meeting before the discussion of application 0334/2021
Applications for Consideration
Summary of Applications received;
(Report of Assistant Director - Growth & Regeneration)
Application Number: 0337/2020
Development: Construction of new 2 storey office building with
associated multi storey car park
Location: Sandy Hill Business Park, Sandy Way Amington Industrial Estate,
Tamworth, B77 4DU,
1. The development shall be started within three years of the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004).
2. The development hereby approved shall only be carried out in
accordance with the application form, the supporting letter and following
drawing numbers unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local
Reason: To define the approval.
3. The use of the site shall not commence until the car parking areas hereby approved have been surfaced and drained in accordance with details submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority and such areas shall not thereafter be used for any purpose other than the parking of vehicles. Reason: To ensure that adequate provision is made for the parking of vehicles clear of the highway in the interests of highway safety and in accordance policy EN5 Design of New development and Appendix C (parking standards) as set out in Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
4. Notwithstanding any details shown on the approved plans no development shall be commenced until details indicating the following have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority:
- details of the height restrictions which will be in place within the multi-storey car park;
- a swept path analysis demonstrating that a large car can safely access and egress
the multi storey car park including the ramps between levels;
- details of a re-located secure and weatherproof cycle parking facility within the
curtilage of the site. This shall include the quantity of cycle parking available.
Reason: In the interests of highway safety and in accordance policy EN5 Design of New development and Appendix C (parking standards) as set out in Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031
5. The parking areas shall thereafter be carried out in accordance with the approved details and be completed prior to first occupation. All car parking spaces shall be surfaced in a bound and porous material and be clearly delineated and shall thereafter be retained as such for the lifetime of the development.
Reason: To ensure that adequate provision is made for the parking of vehicles clear of the highway in the interests of highway safety and in accordance policy EN5 Design of New development and Appendix C (parking standards) as set out in Tamworth Local Plan ... view the full minutes text for item 45.
(Report of the Assistant Director Regeneration & Growth)
Application Number: 0334/2021
Development: Change of use of existing building to Residential Use for
16 dwellings and the provision of 8 new build dwellings
Location: Tamworth Day Care Centre, Hockley Road, Wilnecote,
Tamworth, B77 5EB
Councillor T Jay left the meeting.
1. The development shall be started within three years of the date of this permission. Reason: To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004).
2. The development hereby approved shall only be carried out in accordance with the application form, the supporting letter, site location plan:
211468-PL03 – Ground Floor Plan as Existing
211468-PL04 – Roof Plan as Existing
211468-PL05 – Elevations_Sections as Existing 1 of 3
211468-PL06 – Elevations_Sections as Existing 2 of 3
211468-PL07 – Elevations_Sections as Existing 3 of 3
211468-PL08 – Site Plan as Proposed
211468-PL08C – Site Plan as Proposed
211468-PL9A – Ground Floor Plan as Proposed
211468-PL010A – First Floor Plan as Proposed
211468-PL011A – Roof Plan as Proposed
211468-PL012 – Elevations_Sections as Proposed 1 of 3
211468-PL013A – Elevations_Sections as Proposed 2 of 3
211468-PL014 – Elevations_Sections as Proposed 3 of 3
211468-PL015A – Proposed Plans_ Elevations to New Units along Hockley Road
211468-PL016A – Street Scene to Hockley Road
211468-PL017A – Proposed Plans_ Elevations to New Units adjacent to School Access Lane
211468-PL018A – Street Scene along School Access Lane
JMS CO2133808-101 P3
21-4232 Outline Drainage Scheme - Former Day Care Centre – Tamworth
21-4232 SK01 Outline Drainage Scheme
unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Reason: To define the approval.
3. Prior to the commencement of the development hereby approved details of all materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority in writing and the development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To ensure a satisfactory external appearance to the
development in accordance with policy EN5: Design of New
Development as set out in the Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
4. The proposed car and cycle parking, accesses and circulation areas as
shown on the approved plan Drawing Number 211468 Revision B shall
be sustainably drained, hard surfaced in a bound material and marked
out prior to the first occupation of the building hereby permitted.
Thereafter these parking and circulation areas shall be retained in
accordance with the approved plans for the lifetime of the development.
Reason: ... view the full minutes text for item 46.