(Report of the Assistant Director Growth and Regeneration)
Application no: 0012/2021
Development: Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 0409/2019: revised drawings and documents submitted relating to the repositioning of the haul road
Location: Dostill Primary School, High Street, Dosthill, Tamworth, B77
Variation of condition 2 of planning permission 0409/2019: revised drawings and documents submitted relating to the repositioning of the haul road
Dosthill Primary School, High Street, Dosthill, Tamworth B77 1LQ
Approved subject to the conditions outlined below in accordance with the requirements outlined in this report.
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from 24.06.2020 the date of the original permission (Ref: 0409/2019). Reason: To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development hereby approved shall only be carried out in accordance with the application form, the supporting letters/reports and drawing numbers:
DPS-STL-XX-00-DR-A-X-9000 Rev. P08
DPS-STL-00-ZZ-DR-A-X-0910 Rev. P04
DPS-STL-XX-XX-DR-A-XXXX-X002 Rev. P03
DPS-STL-XX-XX-DR-A-XXXX-X003 Rev. P03
DPS-STL-XX-00-DR-A-XXXX-0920 Rev. P02
Site Location plan (Drawing No. 1901 Rev. C02)
DPS-CAL-00-XX-DR-C-200 Rev. P04
Proposed Haul Road Site Plan (Drawing No. 200 Rev. P08)
Proposed haul road crossover (Drawing No. 201 Rev. P08)
DPS-CAL-00-XX-DR-C-202-P04_S4_Proposed Haul Road
DPS-CAL-00-XX-DR-C-203-P04_S4_Proposed Haul Road
DPS-CAL-00-XX-DR-C-204-P01_S4_Proposed Haul Road
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Reason: To define the approval.
3. The development shall be constructed/finished in accordance with the materials as set out in the ‘Dosthill Primary School - External Materials Schedule August 2020’ Reason: In the visual interest of the building(s) and the surrounding area.
4. The development shall be adhere to the requirements and details as set out within the Construction Management Plan Report No. ‘Dosthill B2203-MID-00-DRH-0001,Rev00 12-08-2020, Articulated Lorry Drawing No. 207 Rev P04 and the storage compound and vehicle parking facilities as shown on Drw Nos. DPS-STL-XX-XX-DR-AXXXX-X002Rev P03 and X003 Rev P03. Reason: To reduce the possibility of deleterious material (mud, stones etc.) being deposited in the highway and becoming a hazard for road users, to ensure that construction traffic does not use unsatisfactory roads and lead to on-street parking problems in the area and in the interests of residential amenity in accordance with NPPF 2019 and to comply with policies EN5 and SU2 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
5. No development, including demolition, shall commence until the contractor vehicle parking and contractors’ compound areas have been provided in accordance with the Section One Drawing (No. DPS -STL-XX-XX-DR-A-XXXX-X002 Rev. P03) and the Section Two Drawing (No. DPS-STL-XX-XX-DR-AXXXX-X003 Rev. P03), for the relevant phase. Reason: To ensure that construction traffic does not lead to on-street parking problems in the area in accordance with NPPF 2019 and to comply with policies EN5 and SU2 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
6. The development shall be constructed in accordance with the ‘Proposed drainage and external layout’ Drawing No. DPS CAL 00XX DR C100 Rev p04 and 010 P02. The scheme shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details before the development is first brought into use. Reason: To ensure that the development is provided with a satisfactory means of drainage as well as to prevent or to avoid exacerbating any flooding issues and to minimise the risk of pollution and to comply with policy SU4 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
7. During the periods of demolition and construction, all Heavy Goods Vehicle construction traffic shall use the routeing detailed on the Construction Vehicle Movements Drawing (No. DPS-STL-00-ZZ-DR-AX-0910 Rev. P04) at all times, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Reason: To ensure that construction traffic does not use unsatisfactory roads in accordance with NPPF 2019 and to comply with policies EN5 and SU2 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
8. The measures to prevent the deposition of deleterious material onto the highway set out on pages 8, 9 and 10 of the revised Construction Management Statement (dated 12/08/2020) shall be adhered to throughout the demolition and construction periods. Reason: To reduce the possibility of deleterious material (mud, stones, etc.) being deposited in the highway and becoming a hazard for road users in accordance with NPPF 2019 and to comply with policies EN5 and SU2 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
9. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be occupied until such time as the access arrangements shown on the Proposed haul road crossover drawing (No. DPS-CAL-00-XX-DR-C-201 Rev. P08) have been implemented in full. Within one month of the completion of the construction phase, the footway and full height kerb shall be reinstated in accordance with details first submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Reason: To ensure that vehicles entering and leaving the site may pass each other clear of the highway, in a slow and controlled manner, in the interests of general highway safety and in accordance with paragraph 108 of the NPPF 2019 and to comply with policies EN5 and SU2 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
10. The development shall adhere to the requirements and details as set out within the report ref ‘0409/2019 – Dosthill Primary Academy Dilapidation Survey for Access Road’. Reason: To protect the visual amenity of the area, and to comply with policies EN4 and EN5 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
11. Within 2 months of the demolition of the three existing timber classroom blocks, the playing field should be reinstated to useable playing field; this includes the removal of the haul road, the site compound area, the spoil area and the temporary fencing. The land on which the temporary haul road was situated will be returned to the state it was in prior to the commencement of works, as evidenced in the report and photographic evidence submitted in condition 10. If any required planting, seeding or turfing which within a period of 5 years from the completion of the development dies, is removed, or becomes seriously damaged or diseased, this shall be replaced in the next planting season with other of a similar size and species, unless the Local Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation. Reason: To comply with policies EN3 and SU7 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
12. Prior to occupation of the new classroom block, the five concrete structures as indicated on plan SK191129.01 P01 are to be removed. Reason: To comply with policies EN3 and SU7 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
13. Prior to occupation of the new classroom block, a Community Use Agreement for the school playing field and ancillary facilities will be submitted to, and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Reason: To comply with policies EN3, SU6 and SU7 of the adopted Tamworth Local Plan 2006-2031.
1. Tree Protection Order (TPO)
It should be noted that there are Tree Preservation Orders on the site, TPO No.1 2018 and TPO No. 9 2019 which should be maintained in perpetuity unless formal written consent from the Local Planning Authority is gained.
The conditions requiring off-site highway works shall require a Highway Works Agreement with Staffordshire County Council (SCC). The Applicant is requested to contact SCC in order to secure the Agreement. The link below is to the Highway Works Information Pack and an application form for the Agreement. Please complete and send to the address indicated on the application form which is Staffordshire County Council at Network Management Unit, Staffordshire Place 1, Wedgwood Building, Tipping Street, STAFFORD, Staffordshire ST16 2DH (or email to email@example.com). The Applicant is advised to begin this process well in advance of any works taking place in order to meet any potential timescales.
3. Waste Storage
If the new classroom block requires new bins, that waste is securely contained in suitable and sufficient containers which cannot be vandalised, kicked over or interfered with and transferred to a suitable licenced person for transport and disposal. Provision must also be made to remove recycling material from their Waste.
(Moved by Councillor P Standen and seconded by Councillor M Summers)