The Chair summarised the Committee timetable which included the reports which had been previously circulated to the Committee during the Covid-19 restrictions, which now required formal endorsement.
The Head of Audit & Governance informed the Committee that the Local Government Association had recently issued a new member code of conduct for consultation. As member conduct was the domain of the Audit & Governance Standards Sub Committee, it would seem appropriate that this Committee provide input into the corporate response to the consultation, with an open invite to other Councillors who wished to contribute.
That the Committee;
Formally endorsed the following previously circulated reports:
- Internal Audit Plan and Charter 2020/21
- Review of Financial Guidance
- Public Sector Internal Audit Standards; and Quality Assurance & Improvement Programme
- Audit & Governance Committee’s Annual Report 2019/20
- Grant Thornton’s External Audit Plan Update
- Grant Thornton’s Informing the Risk Assessment
- Update on Audit Matters from Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited
- Future Procurement and Market Supply Options Review
- CIPFA Section 151 Update and Review of Financial Resilience Index
- Review of the Treasury Management Strategy Statement, Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement and Annual Investment Statement 2020/21 and the Treasury Management Strategy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy Mid-Year Review Report 2019/20
- Final Accounts 2019/20 – Accounting Policies and Action Plan
By virtue of Paragraph 1, 3 od Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972:
- Risk Based Verification (Exempt item).
Agreed the Committee Timetable.
Councillors M Summers, J Faulkner, M Bailey and C Cooke attend a code of conduct working group on behalf of the Audit & Governance Committee.
(Moved by Councillor M Oates and seconded by Councillor M Bailey)