ModGov Infozone - Click to go to Tamworth Borough Council website

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Online Meeting. View directions

Contact: Democratic Services  01827 709264

Link: View the link

No. Item


Apologies for Absence




Minutes of Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 225 KB


The minutes of the previous Cabinet meeting held on 21st January 2021 were approved as a correct record. 


(Moved by Councillor R Pritchard and Seconded by Councillor J Chesworth)




Declarations of Interest

To receive any declarations of Members’ interests (pecuniary and non-pecuniary) in any matters which are to be considered at this meeting.


When Members are declaring a pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest in respect of which they have dispensation, they should specify the nature of such interest.  Members should leave the room if they have a pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest in respect of which they do not have a dispensation. 


There were no Declarations of Interest.


Question Time:

To answer questions from members of the public pursuant to Executive Procedure Rule No. 13




Matters Referred to the Executive (Overview and Scrutiny Committee or by the Council) pdf icon PDF 108 KB


The Vice Chair of the Corporate Scrutiny Committee, Councillor B Price, updated Cabinet following consideration of matters by the Scrutiny Committee on the Review of Cemeteries Regulations - Memorial Benches.  Cabinet reviewed the recommendations and 



That Cabinet:


Noted the recommendation from Corporate Scrutiny that  the Cemeteries Policy is referred back to full Council with a recommendation to leave the policy unchanged.



Accepted that the policy is correct and Cllr D Cook to write back to Keeley Bunker’s family stating a full review as taken place and it’s not feasible to place a bench in Wigginton Cemetery and the Leader will work with them to find an alternative place that would be appropriate



(Moved by Councillor D Cook and seconded by Councillor S Doyle)



Agreed that the Cemeteries Regulations be reviewed on a five yearly cycle and;



Agreed that the Portfolio Holder and Assistant Director will look to pull together realistic options that we can consult with the public potentially in early summer on how we can achieve memorialisation in the town that’s appropriate. 



(Moved by Councillor D Cook and seconded by Councillor J Chesworth)